top of page

FIRST-TIME DEBUT SINCE ITS INCREDIBLE RESTORATION…INTRODUCING THE HUNTER SAW BUILDING

Located at 5680-5688 Butler Street, Lawrenceville, Pa, complete with its own Wikipedia Page and a proud member in standing of the National Register of Historic Places.

Originally built in stages between 1907 and 1915 as a factory and manufacturing warehouse of saw blades for use in the steel industry, the restoration was completed in 2023. Architects/ Builders Doug and Liza Cruze, renowned for their ability to painstakingly restore to grandeur once proud and stately structures, captured the heart and soul of this magnificent building, perfectly blending historic significance with high-tech, modern conveniences.

This jaw-dropping building screams for a big-city, tech savvy office user whose employees seek an awe inspiring, creative atmosphere. The building is laid out perfectly for both open concept and private office users with no renovation needed. Any client or recruit would appreciate the majestic structure and bones of this magnificent building.

NYC office chic at its finest! The 3,407 sf first floor has two large rooms with exposed brick walls and timber columns, lined with large windows.  These rooms flow out to a private courtyard which would be perfect for outdoor employee work or break space.  The first floor is laid out perfectly for private offices, conference rooms, R&D or flex space. 

The 716 sf mezzanine (with bathrooms) and storage area are perfect for a conference room, additional work area or private office.


The second floor is complete with 3,353 sf of open office area boasting 32’ vaulted, heavy timber-frame ceilings, a 1,405 sf completely renovated and completely separate guest house for clients or an on-site manager, a 2,120 sf enclosed parking area for employees and a private courtyard with concrete water feature and “live” wall for after-hour cocktail parties or client events.  The commercial kitchen has the latest in high-end appliances and a frosted glass wall in the open-concept office area converts to a projection screen for power point presentations or zoom meetings with high-tech sound system and awesome AV capabilities. 

The 1,405 sf newly renovated, charming guest house has a private entrance off Butler Street, separate utilities and currently shares access to the courtyard only. 

The 405 sf enclosed, secure storage facility is located behind the parking area, separate from, but accessible to, the main building.  

The entire property is fully covered with new security cameras and high-tech, computer-controlled and zoned lighting control panels. This building is fully sprinklered (including the parking area), ADA compliant and completed with only the highest quality materials and workmanship.

The rain-fed, 1700 gallon filtered cistern is located under the courtyard and is fed by the surrounding roof downspouts.  This cistern supplies water for 4 hose bibs, one on each face of 5688 Butler for landscape watering, pressure washing, car washing and general hose use. It is a stand-alone cistern except for the overflow. The rest of the downspouts drain into the storm drain at the corner of Butler and 57th.

Hunter Saw is currently an amazing event space for weddings, corporate events and private parties.  Photos of events may be seen on the Hunter Saw Website:  www.huntersaw.com

Guest House

The 1,405 sf newly renovated, charming guest house has a private entrance off Butler Street, separate utilities and currently shares access to the courtyard only.

Photo Gallery & Drone

Exterior

Interior

Plans

Click Each Plan Below to See Detailed Version

mezz.JPG
secondfloorplan.JPG

Renovation Chronicle & History

The property is a complex of four buildings which date to between 1907 and approximately 1945. They served as the headquarters and manufacturing facility of the Hunter Saw & Machine Company, which produced various custom tools and machinery with a specialty in cold saws. The company was founded in 1898 by Henry S. Hunter, Joseph Kennedy, and Emil Anschuetz, and remained in business until 1969 when it was bought out by a competitor, ASKO. The Lawrenceville plant continued to operate until 1988. As of 2021, the buildings have been renovated as office, commercial, and residential space.

The easternmost building at the corner of Butler and 57th is Machine Shop A, which is the original section of the plant built in 1907. It is a two-story building, seven bays wide by six bays deep, with a front-gabled monitor roof. The building is of heavy timber-frame construction with a brick exterior and has a steel-framed shed addition at its rear that was erected sometime around 1910. To the west is a small two-story, two-bay brick office building which was built circa 1915. A restroom structure behind the office collapsed and was converted into a small courtyard. On the other side of the office is Machine Shop B, which was built around 1920. It is a one-story, four-bay, brick building with a sawtooth roof. Further west is a storage and shipping building of steel-frame and concrete construction that was erected circa 1945.

 

Source: Wikipedia

bottom of page